Monday, January 11, 2010

How to Pack

I am sorry. I can not advise you on how to pack efficiently. I tend to carry too much stuff with me, never sure how much time I may have to read, work, or catch up on things while I am on the road. I normally have very little time for anything other than customer meetings and keeping current on email.

I also normally take too many clothes. I was scheduled to travel to California on September 12, 2001...the day after 9/11. A week later, I was on a nearly empty flight to California after talking to a couple of guys who'd been stuck in some distant location, unable to get home. Since that time, I have made it a personal policy to take an extra change of clothes, just in case I end up staying an extra day or two. It is not a bad policy anyway. Chances are, you will eventually miss a flight or get caught in a rain storm and need the extra clothes.

As for me, I can not criticize anyone who fails to pack light. I am as bad as anyone. This is a problem since I hate to check bags. I hate to wait for 30 minutes at a carrousel with nothing coming off of it and I hate to see my $400 suitcase get torn to bits by baggage handlers who seem to go out of their way to destroy them.

I am a bad example to follow when it comes to packing.

James Snider is an international marketing professional with 15 years experience in the semiconductor and high-tech industry. He was the industry lead for global FireWire marketing at Texas Instruments, Philips Semiconductor (now NXP) and the 1394 Trade Association.
Snider is actively searching for the next great thing to market into a worldwide success.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamessnider

No comments:

Post a Comment